As we all know, celebrities rule the fashion world and never fail to surprise us with wacky red carpet outfits (ahem, Lady Gaga’s infamous meat dress) and outrageous hair-dos (we’ll always miss Amy Winehouse’s signature bee-hive). However, many times it’s the starlets’ crazy nails that deserve our utmost attention. There are many that you absolutely cannot miss! Here is a quick roundup of 2012’s craziest celebrity nail styles that left the awe-struck paparazzi gawking:
1. Rihanna’s $5000 Manicure for the Grammy’s: Okay, her nails were painted with Red Carpet Manicure’s Amore 24, a polish infused with 24 kt gold, but really?! She also added a little dollar sign on the left pinky nail to showcase how expensive the manicure was. The price was definitely worth it...Ri-Ri’s nails look totally fab!
2. Lady Gaga’s Minx Nails at the Grammy’s: Check out how long her nails are! The shiny black talons look even more intimidating clutching that bizarre metal staff. Gaga, didn’t you know it was the Grammy’s you were attending, not a Star Wars convention??
3. Katy Perry’s Flower Power Manicure: Katy tweeted her flower-adorned nails one day and joked how her fingers were in “FULL bloom.” It’s a crazy and unique nail design, but Katy Perry’s quirky personality, colorful hair, and dazzling outfits make it work!
4. Beyonce’s Gold Stiletto Nails: Wow! Beyonce’s long gold stiletto nails look so fierce! They look intimidating, but Beyonce balances out the look with her gold hair, gold jewelry, and classy dress.
5. Jessie J’s Union Jack-Adorned Nails: For the Diamond Jubilee concert celebrating the Queen of England, Jessie J painted her nails with perfect Union Jacks and two “V” signs symbolizing victory. A fun and unique way to show her patriotism!
Hope you were inspired by this quick round-up of 2012’s craziest celebrity nails! We want all fabulous fashionistas to try unique nail styles that will help them stand out from the crowd. Consider us your new best friend!
Katie Saxton, Nail Expert and President of Custom Nail Solutions